It is the first company in the country to manufacture, package, and distribute pharmaceutical products. The company's formulation plant is located in Motanga Industrial Park in Samdrup Jongkhar which is spread over 3.56 acre of land. The factory is equipped with cutting-edge technologies and its facility is accredited for Good Manufacturing Practices by the Drug Regulatory Authority. The company has been awarded the Technical Authorization to Manufacture 127 general pharmaceuticals and 77 oncology drugs. ABHL strives to provide quality and affordable pharmaceuticals to the Bhutanese citizens. ABHL has recently launched five products in the market namely fexofenadine 120mg, azithromycin 500mg, levocetirizine 5mg, levocetirizine 5mg + Montelukast 10mg and paracetamol 500mg. The ABHL is pleased to announce the vacancy for the following position.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in relevant fields.
- Preference will be given to candidates with professional work experience in leading any organizations, including experience in HR and administrative functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of human resource management and employment practice in Bhutan.
- Should be acquainted with the latest concepts of Strategic Human Resource Management (manpower planning, costing of human capital, training and development, performance management systems, thorough understanding of the relevant Labor Acts and regulations).
- Should have good liaising skills.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Formulate strategy and supporting policies to ensure that the staffing needs are met in a cost-effective manner, especially ensure succession planning.
- Responsible to develop and implement a dynamic Performance Management System.
- Implement Organization Development seamlessly by driving and managing change activities including re-skilling and re-training of employees.
- Responsible for preparing a staffing plan (in liaison with other Sr. Management), which forecasts the future needs in terms of number, qualification, skill and deployment of staff. Implement changes by the plan.
- Develop and maintain a set of service manual and supporting procedures which reward and motivate staff, ensuring regards as good employer, where talented and committed people want to work. Ensure that policy and practice encourage the flexibility and mobility of staff, facilitating cooperative working relationship.
- Train and develop staff, building the capacity, ensuring that the company develops sufficient supply of well-qualified, trained staff to meet its current and future business needs.
- Ensure accurate staff records are maintained, producing reports, reviews and management information on current and future staffing as required.
- Responsible for communicating policy changes and information, making sure staffs are kept well informed about developments/issues, which affect their work.
- Keep up-to-date with developments affecting human resource management within Bhutan and outside, particularly business entities.
- Provide guidance and support to other Division/ Unit Heads when they are involved in dealing with difficult staffing problems.
- Develop policies, practices and procedures for management matters, ensuring that they are effectively and efficiently applied.
- Conduct process mapping of all HR functions and develop standard operating procedures (SoP) and delegation of powers (DoP) to be assigned to the positions.
- Perform such other assignments, as required by the Management.